21 January 2019

Flickr Wants The Money

Back in my world of old news... Flickr is making changes... again...




The date of November 1, 2018 indicates that I am MONTHS late on this "news".

When you are struggling to keep track of life because of shitty life reasons, months could be another word for minutes, I dunno, whatever. Point is, this is news that I'm still trying to process, ever so slowly as is the unintentional pace of the rest of my life.


Last month or so (because I've been seriously neglecting my flickr account) this note popped up...





A few days ago, the note was "upgraded" to...



- - -

For the record, the last time I'd uploaded images was August 31, 2017... yeah... life totally sunk for a long while there... I even missed the memo when Yahoo first acquired Flickr. Which was fine but then they made it so that you had to sign into Flickr VIA Yahoo. Yeah shit. Before that, to get into your Flickr account, you signed in through Flickr, duh. I had been seriously ill when that happened and completely missed that transition. The runaround to try to fix that was fun, NOT, but it was done. And now, you can choose to sign into Flickr via Flickr itself OR Yahoo. Flip flop flap blap. Oh and SmugMug owns Flickr now (Flickr bought by SmugMug as Yahoo breakup begins, by Samuel Gibbs, 23 Apr 2018 @ theguardian.com).

~ ~ ~


Welcome to Misty Hollows PP115 (2017)


~ ~ ~

Oh yeah, I also collect dolls and other toys. The way I've been seeing it, the photos that I've uploaded are a form of community service for the collecting community to help identify and give background to their collectables. I am not going to pay to provide free work. That's just, simply illogical.


- - -


So, as of NOW, it appears that I have 3912 photos... since I'm too poor to pay to share my photos for free... I guess this number is expected to gradually shrink...





And now, in ongoing weather watch...




Today is the coolest day, with the lovely low of 29°C HAHAHAHAH. (low temperatures are greyed out because that's sleeping time and the building never gets to cool down enough to get that low.)

Forecast is, more hot and hot and a touch of crazy hot. Summer is ongoing and it still sucks.


For the record,
25°C = 77°F
30°C = 86°F
35°C = 95°F
40°C = 104°F
45°C = 113°F
50°C = NOPE ... but gLoBaL wArMiNg dOn'T rEaL
(Formula = (x°C × 9/5) + 32 = y°F)

No comments:

Post a Comment